I haven't had a chance to blog for 3 months but I do have some excellent reasons:
1. After deliberating the pros and cons of moving our family from England to Israel for the past number of years we decided to seize the moment and put plans into action in early June and moved country in mid August.
2. With A & E forever under my feet, any spare time was spent de-cluttering 12 years of junk from our home.
3. We had to rent out our house in the UK and find a property to rent in Israel.
4. Eldest daughter and boy in the middle spent a lot of time planning goodbye parties, photos with friends and special times with their special friends.
5. DH was working flat out on his own business venture and didn't have a moment to help me.
6. Once we had moved it took almost two weeks for us to achieve Internet connection not to mention all the other beurocracy we have had to deal with.
And now here we are, two weeks into the start of the school year and my family have moved on in leaps and bounds and we have all overcome some major challenges.
We packed up and stored most of the contents of our house in the UK.
Four days before we moved we threw a garden party for all of our kids friends and then an hour after the children left our friends arrived for a BBQ.
We packed 18 suitcases, 6 large hand luggage bags, 2 matching Peppa Pig backpacks and enough snacks that could have fed the entire plane load of passengers.
We said our final tearful goodbyes, boarded the plane, landed, were processed as new immigrants in Israel, spent a night in Jerusalem, received our Israeli ID cards at the Kotel and arrived in our new home.
Two weeks after arriving eldest daughter and boy in the middle started in their new school and A and E started in daycare for the first time ( but that needs a blog post all of its own).
Looking back it has been a whirlwind of excitement, fears, tears, new beginnings and for me the realisation of a dream I have had since I was 7 years old.
I am extraordinarily proud of my whole family and I hope this will be the start of a great new adventure for all.